Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just like mini carrot cakes :P
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together the sugar, oil, and vanilla together in a large bowl. Whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir gently. Add the grated carrots to the remaining flour, mix well, and add to the batter. Stir until just combined.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Scoop the batter into 24 muffin cups until each is 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for about 25 minutes more, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
This was very easy and delicious! I cut it down to make 8 cupcakes for our family and cooked them at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and then at 350 for about 5-10ish minutes. I wasn't really sure as our oven can be quite irregular when adjusting the temperatures. Well anyways these were delicious and nice and easy.
Very easy recipe to follow and makes delicious carrot cake cupcakes!!!
I used turbinado sugar and added fresh grated coconut about half a cup.I also used whole spices and grinded them up in my coffee grinder.The cupcakes are delicious, nice and moiste ,and easy to follow.Perfect for our Easter party.