Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Just like mini carrot cakes :P
Top Review by tomsawyer
This was very easy and delicious! I cut it down to make 8 cupcakes for our family and cooked them at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and then at 350 for about 5-10ish minutes. I wasn't really sure as our oven can be quite irregular when adjusting the temperatures. Well anyways these were delicious and nice and easy.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together the sugar, oil, and vanilla together in a large bowl. Whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir gently. Add the grated carrots to the remaining flour, mix well, and add to the batter. Stir until just combined.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Scoop the batter into 24 muffin cups until each is 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for about 25 minutes more, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.