This recipe is out of the Western Producer newspaper. We have made this so many times I just couldn't tell you how many! Always perfect and always a crowd pleaser! All our neighbours who have dropped by our home have always asked for seconds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml applesauce (subsistution 1/2 cup crushed pineapple)
- 3 eggs
- 354.88 ml carrots
- 118.29 ml walnut pieces (substitution 1/2 cup pecans)
- 354.88 ml flour (all-purpose)
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 13 x 9 inch rectangular pan with cooking spray.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk sugar, oil, applesauce or crushed pineapple and eggs until smooth.
- 4Stir in grated carrot and nuts.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, combine flour baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 6Stir liquid mixture into flour mixture, and mix until flour is just moistened.
- 7Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- 8Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- 9Cool cake in pan set on wire rack.
- 10Cake can be turn out upside down in about 15 minutes so cake can cool completely before icing.
- 12Cream margarine and cream cheese together.
- 13Add icing sugar, vanilla, and enough orange juice to make a fairly stiff icing.
- 14Ice cake and sprinkle with orange peel.
- 15Chill to set icing.
- 17If you want to ice the sides of the cake as well use 8 oz of cream cheese instead of 4oz.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake & Cream Cheese Icing
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 58
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 86.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g