Recipe by MakeMineCadburys
A cookie that tastes like cake...carrot cake! From The Cookie Cookbook
Top Review by CoffeeB
Oh my these are so wonderful. I know I'll be going back to these again. I love carrot cake and so when I saw a recipe for a cookie of the same name???? How can it be. I think adding a bit of creamcheese frosting to the cookie wouldn't hurt either. :-) I didn't, but if I make again to take somewhere I will. I omitted the nuts and pineapple and used just carrots and raisins. Strictly preference. Fabulous!! Made for Spring's PAC 08'
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄2 cup chopped dried pineapple (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Stir to mix.
- Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture; mixing well.
- Stir in carrots, walnuts and raisins/pineapple.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until set and edges are lightly brown. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.