Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from a local St.John's site called Rock Recipes.It is similiar to the Cheesecake Factory's.It is easy to put together and tastes delicious.I used parchment paper in the bottom and sides of the springform pan,it worked well.
Carrot Cake Layer
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- CARROT CAKE LAYER:.
- Grease and flour the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan. Do NOT grease the sides.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and oil until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the grated carrots, pineapple and nuts.
- Fold in the dry ingredients by hand.
- Stir only until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the batter. Do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- CHEESECAKE LAYER.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Finally blend in whipping cream.
- Spoon this cheesecake batter slowly and evenly over the carrot cake batter already in the spring form pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes for a 9 inch pan. A 10 inch pan may require a little less baking time.
- When the cheesecake just begins to turn brown at the edges is a good time to take it out of the oven.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before running a sharp knife all the way around the inside edge of the cake.
- Leave on the wire rack until completely cooled, then refrigerate.
- Remove from pan and garnish with whipped cream and if desired, candied carrot curls.
I made this cake to bring to school for a teacher's meeting. The staff went crazy over it! It was gone in no time, and I was asked for the recipe by almost everyone! I loved the blend of spices in the cake and it make it so delicious with the pineapple and pecans. If you are looking for something to make everyone's mouth water, make this!
My husband asked me for a carrot cake cheesecake for his birthday. He loves my carrot cake and cheesecake is his favorite. And I have just stumbled upon this perfect recipe after searching for a recipe in google. The carrot cake resembles my recipe. It turned out wonderful! I have turned the temperature down to 300 degrees and baked it for probably about 1.5 hours. My husband loved it! OH! Also, I put roasted chopped pecan nuts all around the cake on top of frosting. It was divine!