Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is delicious, I started making it with a Duncan Hines carrot cake mix in the 1980's and had to switch to Betty Crocker when Duncan stopped making it. I actually made it for Miss Picky's first birthday and she will be 25 in June. The pineapple and raisins really make it moist and the the chopped pecans add a different texture. Try it with cream cheese frosting.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package carrot cake mix, betty crocker
- 1⁄4 cup water, i usually substitute milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, i always use chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- I use Bakers Joy spray.
- Beat cake mix, water (milk), oil, eggs and pineapple on low speed 3 minutes.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Cool at least 1 hour before frosting.
Made this over the weekend, & it's really a nice, moist & yummy cake...added 3 eggs, turned out perfectly. Next time I'll add some shredded carrots. Great recipe!
AWESOME carrot cake!! I followed another's comments and used 3 eggs instead of 4 (I probably should have used 2 - it fell apart a little); I used a 9x13 pan and baked for 40 minutes; and lastly I replaced the raisins with shredded carrots. My family loved it! And they're used to the fancy bakery carrot cakes! Cream cheese frosting - a must. THANK YOU!!!
Great recipe! I used milk instead of water and added 1/2 cup shredded carrots. I made a 2 layer cake with 8" pans. For frosting I mixed 1 8oz tub of cool whip and 1 can of cream cheese frosting.