Carrot Cake a La Cooking Light
- Preheat oven to 325; grease and flour bundt or tube pan.
- In lg bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In sm bowl, beat eggs slightly; stir in oil and vanilla.
- Add oil/egg mixture to dry ingredients along w/ carrots, nuts, and applesauce just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to finish cooling.
- Optional Icing: Mix 1 1/4 c 10x sugar and 5T water together until smooth and spoon over cake.
- Note: These make excellent muffins too; just bake in prepared muffin cups til done (appx 20 mins depending on size).