Recipe by donnie27
This recipe is so easy, it uses strained baby carrots instead of grated carrots,and is more moist than any other recipe I've tried..............over many years.
Top Review by Merlot
I was very impressed with this cake. I believe the strained carrots is the secret to make this incredibly moist. We all loved this perfect dessert. Great with coffee or tea. Thanks for sharing this winner, donnie27.
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsifted flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 (4 1/2 ounce) jarsstrained carrot baby food
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons softened margarine
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan (I use a sheetcake pan, and it bakes a little faster).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs at medium speed.
- Add flour, wheat germ, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt,oil and carrots.
- Beat at low speed to combine, then at high speed to mix well.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- (if using sheet pan, the time may be a bit shorter) Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool and then frost.