Recipe by MarieRynr
Just about the best carrot cake you have ever tasted. Ice this with Cream Cheese Icing or bake this recipe in two loaf pans and enjoy it as a moist and tasty quick bread.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled grated carrots (3 to 4 medium)
- 1 golden delicious apple, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease and lightly flour three 9 X 2 inch round cake pans, or two 9 X 5 X 3 loaf pans.
- Line the bottoms with waxed paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, allspice and ginger, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together buttr and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients in thirds to the butter mixture, alternating with the apple juice.
- Beat for 45 seconds after each addition, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Stir in carrots, apple, pecans, and cream until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Divide the batter amongst prepared pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tests done.
- Let cake cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cake has cooled, ice between the layers and then on top.
- It is not necessary to ice the whole cake but you may do so.