Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Splenda sugar substitute, to equal 2 cups
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- cooking spray
- 3 cups grated carrots or 3 (7 3/4 ounce) jarsof junior carrot baby food
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine oil, applesauce and Splenda in large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl sift together flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon.
- Mix both mixtures together. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and carrots, fold in nuts.
- Bake 45 minutes to until knife comes out clean.
- *Note: This cake is very tasty and keeps well.
- I prefer to use the jars of baby food junior carrots.
- Also you may use pumpkin instead of the carrots or jars of junior baby food prunes.
I used grated carrots and these just did not turn out for me. Way too much splenda taste, and the texture was wrong. Sorry it did not work out for me!
I used this recipe this Weekend for my Dad's 60th Birthday. We loved it! I used the Carrot baby food and it was really quick and easy to make. The cake was very moist.