Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve this with my recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting
Make and share this Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely shredded raw carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- Combine and sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add sugar, oil and eggs.
- Using electric mixer, beat at medium speed 1 minute.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple, nuts and coconut.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans or in a 13x9-inch pan and bake in a 350 oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before filling and icing.
Made this for the DS to take to his music recreation group and they liked it though they found it a bit crumbly. I used a 33cm x 23cm (13"x9") pan and baked for 50 minutes in a 175C fan forced oven. I iced it using My Famous Cream Cheese Frosting. Thank you redhot, made for Bargain Basement.