Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an awesome carrot cake. Really moist.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grease and lightly flour baking pans.
- 2 8x11/2 inch or 9x11/2 inch.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In mixing bowl stir together all the dry ingredients.
- Add carrot, cooking oil and eggs and beat together on low till combined.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Turn into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans then remove to racks to completely cool.
- (If you want on a one layer cake just divide all ingredients in half.).
I love carrot cake and this recipe is tops. Don't forget to add the cream cheese icing.
This was quite good; I made as directed but substituted applesauce for the cooking oil. It is moist but perhaps a little bland. A good basic recipe but doesn't have the "wow" factor. I may make it again but would probably experiment with spices to give it a little more oomph. I thought it definitely did need icing so topped it with cream cheese icing, which complimented it nicely.
No need to frost this delicious cake! I was looking for a carrot cake recipe that had no crushed pineapple and this was perfect! I used brown sugar, and added pecans and vanilla. Now I can't stop eating it!