Recipe by debora ingram
I was looking for carrot cake recipe without any pineapple and raisin, I found this one and give it a try, I couldn't believe the result, it taste soooo wonderful just add your favorite cream cheese icing on top.
Top Review by -Patrish
VERY good carrot cake recipe, even though the two 9-inch layers did not rise much for me (you did not say anything in your recipe about the pan size, so I had to guess). I frosted the cake with a wonderful cream cheese frosting which consisted of one 8-oz cream cheese, 1/4 lb. of butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, and one pound of confectioner's sugar. Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe.
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour your baking pan (you can use a 13 x 9, a bundt pan or two 9" round pans).
- combine eggs and sugar; beat well.
- in another bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and carrot.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs mixture in low speed, then add the vanilla and oil.
- Bake for 60 minutes OR until your cake tests done.