1/2 Photos of Carrot Cake
A decadent version of the classic, this cake adds (tin) pineapple and luscious cream-cheese frosting. You can sprinkle some nuts on top. This is very moist carrot cake with only 1/4 cup of oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C.
- 2Line 33cmx23cm tin with baking paper.
- 3In large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, mixed spice, baking powder and salt.
- 4Add shredded carrots, buttermilk, oil, pineapple, vanilla and eggs.
- 5Stir until combine with wooden spoon.
- 6Pour batter into prepared tin.
- 7Bake for 30-35 minute until golden brown and when you insert wooden toothpick in the centre comes out clean.
- 8Cool completely before frosting.
- 9For cream-cheese frosting :.
- 10Mix all ingredients together using hand held el. mixer until nice and smooth.
- 11Spread over the carrot cake.
- 13Cut into bars.
- 14Carrot cake freezes well without frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 295.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: