Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very moist and very delicious morning or afternoon tea snack
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely grated carrots
- 250 g ground almonds
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg whites
- cream, whipped
- Beat the egg yolks with the lemon zest and sugar until light and creamy.
- Stir in the grated carrot, almonds, flour and salt.
- Beat the eggwhites until they hold stiff peaks and fold lightly into the carrot mixture.
- Pour into a well greased 23cm round cake tin and bake in a preheated 180C oven for about 1 hour, or until firm in the centre.
- Decorate with whipped cream and serve.
I eat a health full diet and this one sounds like it may be the one. I say this without having yet cooked it but can't wait.