Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This egg free carrot cake recipe from Wailana is simple and tasty. Please try!
Make and share this Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup raw sugar or 1 cup granular fructose
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 2 cups low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- chopped walnuts, for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine the oil and sugars. Whisk in the water. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar/oil mixture and mix well. Add the carrots, nuts, and cranberries and mix well. Pour the batter into 2 lightly oiled and floured loaf pans. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the orange juice and mix briefly, then switch to high speed for 2-3 minutes. Spread the frosting evenly on the cake. Garnish with chopped walnuts if desired. This cake is best served at room temperature; refrigeration tends to dry it out.
- Makes 2 loaf pans or 18 slices.
We are allergic to eggs so this is a blessing. Thanks