Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This egg free carrot cake recipe from Wailana is simple and tasty. Please try!
Make and share this Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup raw sugar or 1 cup granular fructose
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 2 cups low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- chopped walnuts, for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine the oil and sugars. Whisk in the water. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the sugar/oil mixture and mix well. Add the carrots, nuts, and cranberries and mix well. Pour the batter into 2 lightly oiled and floured loaf pans. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the orange juice and mix briefly, then switch to high speed for 2-3 minutes. Spread the frosting evenly on the cake. Garnish with chopped walnuts if desired. This cake is best served at room temperature; refrigeration tends to dry it out.
- Makes 2 loaf pans or 18 slices.
We are allergic to eggs so this is a blessing. Thanks