Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A must try to die for carrot cake!This came from my aunt in Ohio.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnut or pecan)
- Heat oven to 350.
- grease and flour pans.
- Drain pineapple (reserving half the juice).
- In large bowl cream sugar and oil, beat in eggs, add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in pineapple, reserved juice, carrots and nuts.
- Pour batter into pans (3 pans 8 or 9 inches in diameter).
- bake 20-40 minutes.
- frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
this is a very moist cake and so easy to put together. I cooked mine in a tube cake pan.