Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
YYYYYUMMMMMMYYYY YYYUUUMMMMYYYY homemade carrot cake.. Recipe is from my fiance Joe's mother... It is to die for, granted LOTS of calories, but sooo worth it!!!
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 of grated carrots
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of chopped walnuts (optional)
homemade cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- combine crisco, sugar, and eggs.
- sift dry ingredients then blend in with crisco, sugar and eggs.
- add grated carrots and crushed pineapple.
- put batter into buttered 9 x 13 cake pan.
- bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- cream cheese frosting.
- beat above ingredients together (cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla) until smooth with electric mixer or fork
- after cake has cooled down completely put frosting on top and ENJOY!