Recipe by PHLOWER
YYYYYUMMMMMMYYYY YYYUUUMMMMYYYY homemade carrot cake.. Recipe is from my fiance Joe's mother... It is to die for, granted LOTS of calories, but sooo worth it!!!
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 of grated carrots
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of chopped walnuts (optional)
homemade cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- combine crisco, sugar, and eggs.
- sift dry ingredients then blend in with crisco, sugar and eggs.
- add grated carrots and crushed pineapple.
- put batter into buttered 9 x 13 cake pan.
- bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- cream cheese frosting.
- beat above ingredients together (cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla) until smooth with electric mixer or fork
- after cake has cooled down completely put frosting on top and ENJOY!