Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
This recipe came from from my roommate Marjie's friend, Mrs. Roseberry.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- Beat all ingredients in large bowl until smooth.
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan or 2 9" layer pans.
- Bake at 350°F 2 layer 35-45 minute.
- 13 x 9 45-50 minute.
- Let cake cool.
- Beat frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Frost cake. Sprinkle on some chopped nuts if desired.
I love carrot cake and this was delicious! The cake was very moist. I shared with my department and everyone really liked it.
A tasty carrot cake but a little to sweet for us. I used matchstick sliced carrots and enjoyed the texture they added to the cake. Used cream cheese frosting that I had on hand because I didnt have enough powdered sugar to make the frosting. Chilled until serving then sprinkled chopped walnuts on top. Made and reviewed for the Cooking Photo Forum's 8th Photo Swap Event.
A moist and spicy carrot cake. I only iced 1/2 of it and sliced the other half and popped it in the freezer. I made this for te Aust/NZ swap #35