Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A moist, delicious carrot cake. Top with your favorite cream cheese frosting and it's fantastic.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb carrot, shredded
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shred carrots and set aside.
- Pour pineapple into cheese cloth and drain well, but not dry, set aside.
- Cream together butter, br sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to wet mixing well.
- Add pineapple, raisins and shredded carrots to above and mix well.
- Pour into a well greased 9x13 pan.
- *Thiscake won't rise, so you don't have to worry about it pouring over the edge while baking, but this recipe doesn't work well in a larger pan.
- *Bake 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Top with your favorite cream cheese frosting.
This carrot cake was excellent!! I made it in two 8 inch round pans. I frosted one and froze the other for another day.
I LOVE this cake. This is the recipe my Mom made when I was a kid. The only thing I omit is the ginger, just my preference.
This recipe was delicious! Since I'm a baker by trade, I loved the ease of preparation. Unlike the first review, it's necessary to use a food processor to help in preparation, and every GOOD cook should own one. Was a wonderful, dense, flavorful cake and I'll use it many times in the future.