- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, carrots, sugar, and oil.
- Mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Pour cake mixture into baking dish and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Beat together until fluffy, spread over cooled cake.