Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my standard carrot cake recipe. I cannot remember where the recipe came from but I have been making this for years. Very dense and moist. I store it in the refrigerator. Not the best for you, but really good!
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 8 inch round cake pans.
- Beat oil and brown sugar, add eggs one at a time and beat until fluffy.
- Add carrots and vanilla. Stir.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl, stir with wire whisk to sift.
- Add dry ingredients to carrot mixture. Stir just until incorporated. Pour into prepared pans, dividing equally between the two.
- Bake side by side on same rack in preheated oven. 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Cool on racks. Frost with cream cheese icing or white icing of your choice.