Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
fried carrot cake
- 1 radish flour cake
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped preserved radish
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1⁄4 stalk fresh spring onion, chopped
- Cut radish flour cakes into cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok. When smoking hot, brown the cut radish flour cakes.
- Remove from wok and heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok.
- Sauté garlic and chye poh till browned. Add in chilli paste and mix well.
- Add in the browned radish flour cakes.
- Make a space in the middle, add the last of the oil and break the egg into the space. Leave to set for a few minutes and then push the radish cake on top.
- Drizzle with fish sauce and sweet soy sauce.
- Ensure that it is an even mix.
- Serve hot and garnish with spring onion.