Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has been in the family for many many years. It is always a requested favourite. ENJOY!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (any you like and only if desired 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple Ice with Cream Cheese Icing: 1/2 c. b)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups icing sugar (or more to your taste)
- Sift together first"5" ingredients.
- In separate bowl, mix together, sugar, oil and eggs together, well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet.
- Stir well.
- Add pineapple and nuts.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for 40- 50 minutes.
- Ice with Cream Cheese Icing:Cream butter, cheese and vanilla together.
- Add sugar gradually.
- Add a touch of milk if needed.
Made this cake for a friend's birthday, it was amazing. In the interest of being healthier, I did substitute applesauce for 1/2 the oil and used half white flour, half whole wheat flour. It tasted amazing with the perfect texture and density for carrot cake! Thanks for sharing!
Amazing and SO moist, I used less sugar than both cake & icing recipes called for, it's easy to adjust to your personal tastes. Brilliant carrot cake, so easy.
Great recipe, easy to make. Satisfies those with a sweet tooth with the cream cheese frosting, and those who like less sugar and eat just the cake. It is very moist, and full flavor. Bakes very evenly and perfectly. I used store bought cream cheese frosting to save a step, and it tasted great!!