The pineapple in this cake makes it wonderfully moist and delicious.
Make and share this Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml oil
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 591.47 ml flour
- 473.18 ml grated raw carrots
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 14.79 ml margarine
- 453.59 g powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92-9.85 ml milk, to thin
- 0.25 ml salt
- Mix all cake ingredients together and bake at 350° for 50 minutes in 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Blend all icing ingredients well and cover cake generously.
This is the same recipe as mine!!! It is the absolute BEST!!! Mine does have one difference, though. Mine calls for 3 tsp of cinnamon & 1 tsp cloves. It's fantastic!!! I'm off to the kitchen to bake one now!!!!
I'm not a huge fan of carrot cake but this is yummy! I diced the carrots up after shredding and chopped walnuts further to give the cake a finer texture. Next time, I will add less sugar to the icing. I love sugar, but it's a little too much.
Great recipe... but substitute the 1 1/2 cups of oil for 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened apple sauce and enjoy the same great taste with 336 grams LESS fat per cake!