Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
The pineapple in this cake makes it wonderfully moist and delicious.
Make and share this Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups grated raw carrots
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk, to thin
- 1 dash salt
- Mix all cake ingredients together and bake at 350° for 50 minutes in 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Blend all icing ingredients well and cover cake generously.
This is the same recipe as mine!!! It is the absolute BEST!!! Mine does have one difference, though. Mine calls for 3 tsp of cinnamon & 1 tsp cloves. It's fantastic!!! I'm off to the kitchen to bake one now!!!!
I'm not a huge fan of carrot cake but this is yummy! I diced the carrots up after shredding and chopped walnuts further to give the cake a finer texture. Next time, I will add less sugar to the icing. I love sugar, but it's a little too much.
Great recipe... but substitute the 1 1/2 cups of oil for 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened apple sauce and enjoy the same great taste with 336 grams LESS fat per cake!