Recipe by Charlotte J
This healthier cake is made with whole wheat flour, honey and no sugar in the cake batter.
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups finely shredded carrots
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 3/4 cut butter with an electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Gradually beat in honey then beat in yogurt, eggs, and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Beat in carrots.
- Add flour mixture beating on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread in a greased and floured 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until done.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Make Cream Cheese Frosting and spread over top of cake.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In small mixing bowl combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.