Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came across this recipe by chance which my girlfriend cut out of a magazine - it's a firm favourite! Warning !! The icing is extremely rich. I normally make "muffins" instead of the slab cake as suggested.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup salad oil (I use canola)
- 4 eggs, beaten, mix well then blend in
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup fine coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Bake the batter in a 9x13" pan at 350 degrees F. (for 40-60 mins).
- Blend the icing ingrediants and put on cold carrot cake.
Lekker! This is the recipe I use and also make muffins instead of slab cake and it looks so pretty to decorate each muffin with its own marzipan carrot nestled in the icing. Thanks for sharing!