Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
An Awesome recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but I love carrot cake.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sweet butter, room temp
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 inch cake pans.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well. Fold in carrots.
- Pour batter into pans. Set on the middle rack of oven and bake for 50 minutes, until edges have pulled away from sides and a fork prong inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a cake rack.
- To prepare frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl. Slowly sift in the confectioners sugar and beat until mixture is free of lumps. Stir in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Once cake is cooled, frost. Sprinkle top with chopped walnuts.