Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very moist cake. Everyone loves it!
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 532.32 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 eggs
- 177.44 ml melted butter, slightly cooled
- 118.29 ml milk
- 473.18 ml dark brown sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 226.79 g crushed pineapple
- 946.36 ml grated carrots
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 236.59 ml grated coconut
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 453.59 g box confectioners' sugar
- For cake---------------.
- Put raisins in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Sift flour, soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- Beat eggs, butter, milk, sugar and vanilla together.
- Drain water from raisins with a sieve.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in pineapple, carrots, walnuts, coconuts and raisins and mix.
- Pour into pan and bake for about one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely before Icing.
- For frosting----------------.
- Beat butter and cream cheese.
- Add vanilla and sugar and blend well.
I never go back to make comments after using a recipe but this cake was deeeellicciouss!!! I love how you include the whole kitchen sink - Carrot overload, pineapples, walnuts, raisins, coconut... All make it so moist!! I was also on the hunt for a recipe that used butter as most use oil. This was delicious!
Loved it! Not a huge fan of carrot cake to begin with, but I think that the combo of fun ingredients and a good icing was enjoyable.
This carrot cake is awesome!!! It is so moist. The pineapple was a great addition over my previous recipe. Everyone absolutely loved it. So moist and delicious. Will definitely make it many times over!! This is already the second time in less than a month I have been asked to make it!!