Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very moist cake. Everyone loves it!
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- For cake---------------.
- Put raisins in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Sift flour, soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- Beat eggs, butter, milk, sugar and vanilla together.
- Drain water from raisins with a sieve.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in pineapple, carrots, walnuts, coconuts and raisins and mix.
- Pour into pan and bake for about one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely before Icing.
- For frosting----------------.
- Beat butter and cream cheese.
- Add vanilla and sugar and blend well.
I never go back to make comments after using a recipe but this cake was deeeellicciouss!!! I love how you include the whole kitchen sink - Carrot overload, pineapples, walnuts, raisins, coconut... All make it so moist!! I was also on the hunt for a recipe that used butter as most use oil. This was delicious!
This carrot cake is awesome!!! It is so moist. The pineapple was a great addition over my previous recipe. Everyone absolutely loved it. So moist and delicious. Will definitely make it many times over!! This is already the second time in less than a month I have been asked to make it!!
Ech! I tried it, my son tried it and we both agreed. It ended up in the garbage. Did not grow, the soaked raisins were so soft and mushy it was disgusting biting into one of them. Coconut was overpowering. Waste of ingredients. I found other recipes that suggested squeezing excess moisture out of the grated carrots. This one did not. Sickening sweet. Not for us.