Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the best Carrot Cake Ever and easy to make. I have been bugging my Grandma for the recipe and she finally sent it to me in the mail.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups ground carrots
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup drained pineapple
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄8 cup soft margarine
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Cake: Sift together into bowl the first 6 ingredients.
- Then Add the rest of ingredients.
- Mix well with beater.
- For 9 x 13 glass pan 325 degrees.
- For 9 x 13 Alum. pan 350 degrees.
- 45 - 60 minutes.
- Can also be made into cupcakes. But will take less time to bake.
- Frosting:Mix well with electric beater. Frost Cool Cake.
This is an excellent cake; one which we have really cherished baking and sharing for a long time now. Thanks for bringing back happy memories on this one!