Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From my nutritional yeast cookbook, this looks like a yummy spread for toast, baked potatoes, and sandwiches. I imagine other nut butters would probably be good in this too. Those cool yellow carrots would probably make for a nice flavor and color in this!
- 1 cup chopped carrot (about 2-3 large carrots or just measure out a cup of baby ones)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce (or soy sauce or Bragg's)
- 1 pinch salt
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and reduce the heat to medium. Place the carrots in it, loosely cover, and let simmer for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain the carrots and place them with the remaining ingredients in a food processor or chopper with a strong metal blade and process until completely smooth.
- The butter can be used immediately or stored in the fridge for about a week.