Recipe by Dainlynn
I took a recipe from here for making apple butter and modified it for carrot butter. My kids love it and I figure anything to get them to eat their vegetables.
- 5 lbs carrots
- 2 cups apple juice or 2 cups apple cider
- 3 cups apple juice or 3 cups apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven for 350°F.
- Cut carrots into thin slices (if you'd like to peel them you may. If you don't peel them I recommend using organic carrots or at least ones you know weren't grown with chemicals).
- Cook the carrot slices in a large roasting pan with two cups of apple juice or cider for three hours uncovered. Stirring the carrots every half hour or so.
- Put the cooked carrots and the three cups of apple juice or cider in a blender until it reaches the consistency of something you'd like to spread on toast.
- Put the carrot mixture in a large pot. Mix in the brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. Heat this on the stove for 10 min stirring constantly.
- Pour into sterilized pint or half pint jars and can.