Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com & tweaked it a tiny bit by adding parsley & thyme.
Top Review by ladypit
I think there is perhaps something wrong with this one. I made it as written, though I wasn't sure if it called for 2 cups of cornflakes that I crushed or 2 cups of crushed cornflakes. I went with 2 cups crushed which might have been too many. I did swap out the celery for finely chopped green pepper, but I didn't think that would make much difference. In the end I could not get these to form as patties no matter what I did. I ended up throwing it all away. Bummer, because I was excited about these. I'd love to know what I could do to fix them and then I'll try again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- hamburger bun
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender then drain.
- In a bowl, combine carrots, cornflakes, eggs, celery, onion, salt, sugar and pepper; mix well.
- Form into six patties & squash them down.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat & cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Serve on lightly toasted buns.