Chef #349909's Note:
This cake is very moist and not overly sweet. It tastes of carrot and lemon with just a bit of spice. I've used it as a dessert and as a side-dish or dinner roll substitute at Thanksgiving. I've been making it for a while now and don't remember where I got the recipe. (Maybe from a magazine?) It's been a hit even among people who claim not to like carrot cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 12-cup bundt pan.
- 2Zest lemons and then juice them, straining out pips.
- 3Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a bowl and set aside.
- 4Cream margarine and sugar together in mixer until smooth and fluffy, scraping down as necessary.
- 5Beat in eggs one at a time, again scraping down as necessary. The mixture will look curdled but don't panic.
- 6Beat in dry ingredients in a few small batches. Don't over-beat.
- 7Stir in carrots until evenly distributed.
- 8Just before you're ready to bake, stir in the lemon zest and juice. Fill the bundt pan with the batter.
- 9Bake 40 minutes. The top will look wet and just barely set. Don't over-bake.
- 10Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Bundt
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.1
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 294.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g