Top Review by Chef Lil' Momma Jenn
This was good. It has a soft fluffy cake texture almost like the boxed cake mixes. I didn't use the nuts because my family doesn't like them. I made 1 of the pans just as directed & I added 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice to the 2nd pan to see which way I liked it. I liked it both ways. Then I put some Allspice cream cheese frosting #26442 on both pans & shared with my family. I only had a couple pieces left the next day. The frosting did overpower the brownies/cake though. It was very yummy but you can't taste the true flavor of the brownies/cake when they are frosted. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a saucepan, melt butter; add sugar and stir till well blended; remove from heat and beat in eggs.
- Beat in all remaining ingredients except nuts.
- Pour mixture into two 8"x8"x2" baking pans that have been sprayer with cooking spray such as Pam.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over mixture in each pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When cool, cut each pan into 9 squares.