Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a saucepan, melt butter; add sugar and stir till well blended; remove from heat and beat in eggs.
- Beat in all remaining ingredients except nuts.
- Pour mixture into two 8"x8"x2" baking pans that have been sprayer with cooking spray such as Pam.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over mixture in each pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When cool, cut each pan into 9 squares.
This was good. It has a soft fluffy cake texture almost like the boxed cake mixes. I didn't use the nuts because my family doesn't like them. I made 1 of the pans just as directed & I added 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice to the 2nd pan to see which way I liked it. I liked it both ways. Then I put some Allspice cream cheese frosting #26442 on both pans & shared with my family. I only had a couple pieces left the next day. The frosting did overpower the brownies/cake though. It was very yummy but you can't taste the true flavor of the brownies/cake when they are frosted. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I made this recipe because we always have left-over carrots from our organic vege box. I also didn't want a cake recipe laden with oil. The resulting texture of this cake is lovely, moist but not too cakey & rich. I added 1 heaped T of mixed spice, and was glad I did as it gave it a bit of a lift. I also served this with lightly whipped double cream with butterscotch schnapps. The photos don't do this justice (please note, my cake looks orange as the organic carrots I get are really orange!). Thanks for the recipe, I will definitely make this again.