Recipe by bmcnichol
Yummy broccoli and carrot casserole.
Top Review by Deb in TX
Prepared this for family night this week, but "skinnied it down" by using cooking spray instead of butter, and using 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and 1/4 cup shredded parmesan instead of the 1-1/2 cups of cheddar called for. I also doubled the amount of broccoli in the recipe since my clan likes it, and used a veggie broth instead of chicken broth. They ate every smidgen and scraped the dish, so it was clearly a hit!
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute the carrots, celery and onion in 3 teaspoons butter until tender.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Top with 3/4 cup cheese.
- In the same skillet, saute broccoli in the remaining butter for 1 minute.
- Place over cheese and pour broth over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.