Recipe by love4culinary
I love pumpkin pancakes, but I didnt have any pumpkin this morning. I have tons of carrots, so I thought I would try to make carrot pancakes!! They came out EXCELLENT!!!!! DELICIOUS! :-) I hope you enjoy them! (yields 8-12 pancakes depending on how large you make them!)
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
Oh wow! If you guys are looking for something that's a great change of pace, you have got to try this recipe! These were moist, tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!!! The batter was a light orange color, but they cooked up a lovely harvest golden color. I was already half-way through mixing them up when I realized that I'd used up all of my nutmeg this week and forgot to buy more when I got groceries Friday night, so I added a pinch of allspice instead (for anyone wondering, no, allspice is not a combination spice--it is in the pimento family, with a taste somewhat like that of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves combined). I also used a half teaspoon of cinnamon, but I think as much as we love cinnamon, I could have used up to a teaspoon and been fine. We had these as a late brunch with smoked link sausages, orange juice, milk and maple syrup. I suspect they would also be good with sorghum. love4culinary, thank you for sharing a winning pancake recipe. Even DH says he definitely wants to have these again!
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- 2 dashes cinnamon (For cinnamon & nutmeg, I'm very generous with both, but be careful not to add too much)
Directions See How It's Made
- First you will need to get your blender out!
- Pour Milk into blender; add eggs and butter.
- Mix briefly to put egg and butter through milk.
- Add carrots and blend well (until carrots are completely mixed through; no chunks left!!) Add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar; mix in blender until all ingredients are mixed through.
- Then add nutmeg and cinnamon and mix for about 1 minute.
- Check thickness; if you feel it is too thin, add a little more flour (Tbs or 2) Spray frying pan with cooking spray.
- Heat to medium heat, and cook pancakes.
- Make them whatever size you wish!
- Cook until golden brown.
- They will be a beautiful golden color!
- Enjoy them with a small amount of pure maple syrup!