Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love pumpkin pancakes, but I didnt have any pumpkin this morning. I have tons of carrots, so I thought I would try to make carrot pancakes!! They came out EXCELLENT!!!!! DELICIOUS! :-) I hope you enjoy them! (yields 8-12 pancakes depending on how large you make them!)
- First you will need to get your blender out!
- Pour Milk into blender; add eggs and butter.
- Mix briefly to put egg and butter through milk.
- Add carrots and blend well (until carrots are completely mixed through; no chunks left!!) Add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar; mix in blender until all ingredients are mixed through.
- Then add nutmeg and cinnamon and mix for about 1 minute.
- Check thickness; if you feel it is too thin, add a little more flour (Tbs or 2) Spray frying pan with cooking spray.
- Heat to medium heat, and cook pancakes.
- Make them whatever size you wish!
- Cook until golden brown.
- They will be a beautiful golden color!
- Enjoy them with a small amount of pure maple syrup!
Oh wow! If you guys are looking for something that's a great change of pace, you have got to try this recipe! These were moist, tender and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!!! The batter was a light orange color, but they cooked up a lovely harvest golden color. I was already half-way through mixing them up when I realized that I'd used up all of my nutmeg this week and forgot to buy more when I got groceries Friday night, so I added a pinch of allspice instead (for anyone wondering, no, allspice is not a combination spice--it is in the pimento family, with a taste somewhat like that of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves combined). I also used a half teaspoon of cinnamon, but I think as much as we love cinnamon, I could have used up to a teaspoon and been fine. We had these as a late brunch with smoked link sausages, orange juice, milk and maple syrup. I suspect they would also be good with sorghum. love4culinary, thank you for sharing a winning pancake recipe. Even DH says he definitely wants to have these again!
We had these for our Sunday brunch, delicious and melt in the mouth pancakes like the others mentioned. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us love4culinary! Oh, and I forgot to mention that they did look beautiful, they colored just the way you said!!
Excellent! These were light & fluffy and rich tasting. My family gobbled these up and had no clue that there were carrots in them. These were not only a good way to add some veggies to your meal, but were also great tasting pancakes.