Recipe by Lorac
Carrot bread that is much too delicious to be called bread. If you have eaten at Mimi's, you know what a treasure this recipe is, if you have not, you will be delighted! The original recipe compliments of Mimi's Cafe.
Top Review by chef FIFI
I would have given this 5 stars, but I would have liked it to be a little sweeter..other than that this was a good carrot bread. I think next time I will add more sugar...probably another 1/4 cup..But I am going to make a cream cheese frosting just to coat the top and this will add to the sweetness...thanks for a good recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup canned chunk pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan or four 3 inch by 6 inch mini loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnnamon and salt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, brown sugar and eggs, pour into flour mixture and stir well (batter will be chunky).
- Stir in walnuts, pineapple, raisins and carrots.
- Pour into prepared pan (s) and bake 30-40 minutes (20 minutes for mini pans) or until lightly browned.