Carrot bread that is much too delicious to be called bread. If you have eaten at Mimi's, you know what a treasure this recipe is, if you have not, you will be delighted! The original recipe compliments of Mimi's Cafe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan or four 3 inch by 6 inch mini loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnnamon and salt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, brown sugar and eggs, pour into flour mixture and stir well (batter will be chunky).
- Stir in walnuts, pineapple, raisins and carrots.
- Pour into prepared pan (s) and bake 30-40 minutes (20 minutes for mini pans) or until lightly browned.
I would have given this 5 stars, but I would have liked it to be a little sweeter..other than that this was a good carrot bread. I think next time I will add more sugar...probably another 1/4 cup..But I am going to make a cream cheese frosting just to coat the top and this will add to the sweetness...thanks for a good recipe.
This is a lovely bread! I used pineapple tidbits in place of the chunks and it proved to be just right for my taste. I served just on the warm side, with a bit of butter to bring out the flavor! Delightful, Lorac!
This is great... I have made it for family and took it to church I got complments both places. I have one suggestion use crushed pineapple. The chunk was just to big.