1 hr 15 mins
I haven't made this carrot bread recipe yet but will be making it soon. Recipe was printed in local newspaper and has been adjusted to high altitude baking. For baking at sea level, baking powder and soda have to be increased to at least 1 1/2 teaspoons each and baking temperature and time may also need to be adjusted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons tangerine juice or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tangerines, zest of, grated or 1 orange, zest of
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease two loaf (9x5) pans.
- 3Combine dry ingredients (flour-cinnamon) in bowl.
- 4In a seperate large bowl beat eggs and sugar together until thick. Add oil gradually and beat well.
- 5Add vanilla, juice and zest. Fold in carrots.
- 6Stir dry ingredients into batter until combined.
- 7Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans, filling no more than 2/3 full.
- 8Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- 9Let stand in pan 10 minutes before turning bread out onto cooling rack.
- 10After bread has finished cooling wrap in plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature overnight before slicing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2528.8
- Calories from Fat 1090
- Total Fat 121.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 1524.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 332.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 181.4 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tangerines, zest of