Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
From the Bread Machine Cookbook by Donna Rathmell German, p. 104. Makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- 7⁄8 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups oats
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Add all ingredients to bread machine and set on sweet cycle.
Great texture and flavor. Easy to make, too! Great with a bowl of Split Pea Soup. Made for My 3 Chefs game.