Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy, moist bread. If you substitute applesauce for oil in baking, don't do it on this one. I tried it, and it wasn't nearly as good.
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar and oil and beat thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; beat well.
- Stir in carrots, nuts and raisins.
- Pour batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray, or into 2 1-lb.pans.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour (about 40 minutes for the smaller pans).
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
Very nice, tasty Spices Carrot bread! I used 1/2 cup of white and 1/2 cup of brown sugar and added 1/4 cup natural applesauce! My carrot was the pulp from juicing 4 carrots! Came out very moist and delicious!
Amazing !! I used Coconut oil instead , added a teaspoon of vanilla , didn't add the nuts or raisins and added a cup of shredded coconut flakes instead. Also, I didn't have a loaf pan so I used a 8 by 8 pan and baked it for 40-45 mins. Everyone loved it , I used half stevia and half sugar as well and I thought it would end up too sweet but surprisingly it turned out amazing and was gone the first day.
Yummy! Very moist & full of flavour! The only change I made was pecans instead of walnuts & no raisins (just a personal preference). I entered some bread into the county fair in the "vegetable quick bread" category & won first prize!!