Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy, moist bread. If you substitute applesauce for oil in baking, don't do it on this one. I tried it, and it wasn't nearly as good.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar and oil and beat thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; beat well.
- Stir in carrots, nuts and raisins.
- Pour batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray, or into 2 1-lb.pans.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour (about 40 minutes for the smaller pans).
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
Really nice! I wasn't sure about adding that much nutmeg. It didn't overwhelm it just added a really nice warmth to the overall flavor. i left out the nuts and used less sugar, probably 3/4 cup. I like the flavor and texture of this bread better than zucchini or banana bread. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
Most baking recipes are too sweet for me so I switched to brown sugar, 3/4 the recipe amount. Also used coconut oil. Didn't have as many raisins and walnuts on hand so just used what I had. Came out to be excellent!
Very nice, tasty Spices Carrot bread! I used 1/2 cup of white and 1/2 cup of brown sugar and added 1/4 cup natural applesauce! My carrot was the pulp from juicing 4 carrots! Came out very moist and delicious!