Recipe by Jo Ann L
A yummy, moist bread. If you substitute applesauce for oil in baking, don't do it on this one. I tried it, and it wasn't nearly as good.
Top Review by Esther C.
Turned out delicious, especially the next day. I only changed a couple things... Replaced 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 c whole wheat, replaced 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 c brown sugar, did not add raisins. Also topped it with a cream cheese icing... Will make again. It was very thick going into the pan but didn't effect the bread.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar and oil and beat thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; beat well.
- Stir in carrots, nuts and raisins.
- Pour batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray, or into 2 1-lb.pans.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour (about 40 minutes for the smaller pans).
- Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on rack.