Prep 24 mins
Cook 1 hr
A moist and fragrant loaf, without the usual addition of pineapple. It can also be baked in the oven at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups carrots
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- Lightly grease the bottom of a loaf dish.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients except carrots and raisins.
- Beat at low speed until just blended.
- Stir in carrots and raisins and pour into a dish.
- Place the dish on an inverted saucer in the oven.
- Microwave at medium-high (70%) until a wooden toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from dish and turn the side over.
- Cool completely.
- Serve immediately once cooled down or store in the refrigerator and serve when everyone's hungry.
I used carrot pulp from my juicer and it worked great.
This is just "EXCELLENT"!! Its got a perfect deep red-brown colour and tastes "YUMMMMMY"!!
The batter was very thick and I was worried, but when it was done, it was very moist and flavorful. I too baked it at 350 degrees, but for 45 minutes. Next time I am going to try less sugar because it was a little too sweet. Thanks for the great recipe!