Recipe by Glitterhoof
From Company's Coming 'Muffins and more'. If you like carrot cake you'll love these delicious bran muffins.
Top Review by mslynettegibson
This recipe is very good. According to my kids, it tastes like a muffin-cake but not too sweet. I made it dairy-free by replacing the 2 eggs with 3 teaspoons EnerGy Egg Replacer plus 4 TBSP of warm water (Mix to froth just as with eggs. I also used fresh pressed apple sauce in place of the pineapple. I was a little nervous when mixing the ingredients because it looked too dry but they came out perfectly. Next time I intend to add a few raisins.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup natural bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I add more)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup crushed pineapple in juice (or applesauce if you don't have pineapple)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl beat eggs until frothy. Add cooking oil, carrots, pineapple and juice (or applesauce).
- Pour int well. Stir only to moisten. Batter will be lummpy.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan after 5 minutes.
- *For carrot muffins use 2 cups flour and omit bran.