Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Home Cooking Magazine (November-December 2004)
- 1 cup bran flakes, crushed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners, and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine bran flakes, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, blend milk, egg, and oil.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture.
- Stir in carrots, walnuts, and raisins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
These didn't turn out too good. They were extremely dense as well as tasteless for the most part. :(