- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, margarine, egg, extract in a large bowl.
- Add whole wheat flour, bran flakes, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder, mix until almost combined.
- Add grated carrot and raisons, mix.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto cookie sheets, and lightly press each cookie to flatten a bit with a fork or bottom of glass.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. Let cool one minute before removing from sheet.
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen.