Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are soft cookies with a little bit of a crispiness from the carrot and Bran Flakes. Delicious!!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Combine sugar, margarine, egg, extract in a large bowl.
- Add whole wheat flour, bran flakes, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder, mix until almost combined.
- Add grated carrot and raisons, mix.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto cookie sheets, and lightly press each cookie to flatten a bit with a fork or bottom of glass.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. Let cool one minute before removing from sheet.
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen.
These are great cookies, and kids ate them also! These sure do have a lot of fiber, which is great..Thank you for this wonderful recipe..
these are DElicious...I doubled the recipe and made them into cookie bars...also drizzled a little lemon glaze over the top...
Very tasty cookie. I used Wheat "Total" flakes instead of bran and it was yummy. I made some without raisins and fed it to my baby! She liked them!My DH was a bit leery when I told him what was in it, but he can't resist any cookie straight from the oven; he was very pleased! I will say, it did NOT make 2 1/2 dozen cookies by any means, and I made them really small! Next time I may have to double the recipe. THANK You!