1/2 Photos of Carrot Bites (A Raw, Gluten Free Treat)
These tasty carrot bites are nice to keep in the refrigerator for when you want a quick bite of something sweet, or need a little pick-me-up between meals or after a workout. Found this recipe on a blog called Daily Bites http://www.dailybitesblog.com/2010/04/15/carrot-cake-bites/. These little bites can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days.
My Private Note
small b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 5 -6 dates, pitted and roughly chopped (I use nice soft Medjool Dates)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (I use a little more to fit our taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 orange, zest of
- sesame seeds, for rolling in
- unsweetened dried shredded coconut, for rolling in
- 1In a food processor fitted with the S-blade, process carrots untill finely ground. Remove and set aside.
- 2Process the walnuts and cashews in the food processor (no need to clean it out) until finely ground.
- 3Add the dates and process until finely chopped and incorporated into the nuts.
- 4Add the reserved carrots, ginger, cinnamon, orange zest (if using) and process until dough forms.
- 5Shape the mixture into 15-18 small balls.
- 6Roll in sesame seeds or shredded coconut to coat.
- 7Refrigerate until ready to enjoy. Can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Bites (A Raw, Gluten Free Treat)
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of